transmit old positions

flyjodel8 years ago

Hi

Some months ago, I started a topic : https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/past-positions-buffer/

In fact It now works fine, the android traccar client sends old positions to the server.
Are there some kind of limitations to this transmission ?
Is it the same on the android and the iOs versions ?
How many positions are saved in the memory of the traccar client ?
Is this configurable ?
Is there any doc about this feature ?

I ask all these questions because I sometimes use Traccar to log the positions of light sports aircrafts, and the GSM signal is sometimes too weak to enable the transmission of the logged data.
I was considering about building my own tracker and datalogger absed on arduino, but as this feature is implemented, a 50$ smartphone like the UMI ROME X will be sufficient.

Thanks.
Michel

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Is it the same on the android and the iOs versions ?

Yes, both iOS and Android versions buffer unsent data.

How many positions are saved in the memory of the traccar client ?

There is no limit. Data is saved in the local device database, so it can handle very big number or positions.

Is this configurable ?

No, but you can clear app data if you want to get rid of old data in the database.

Is there any doc about this feature ?

No. Basically app just saves unsent data and uploads it as soon as internet connection is available. What kind of documentation are you interested in?

flyjodel8 years ago

So I was wondering at what rate the data is sent, it seems that it is one data per second, but maybe more.
Because if a device holds 2 weeks of data, how long will it take until the real actual position is sent ? I suppose the old data is sent until the buffer is empty and the present position is sent no ? This seems to be like that to my first tests.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Correct, it sends old data first. Rate depends on your internet connection speed.

flyjodel8 years ago

Thank you!