Change Logo for Everyone in Modern App

Hello everybody!!
Many threads have been created about how to change the logo in version 5.3 or higher without the need for recompilation and there is no simple and objective way like simply replacing a png file, it would be very nice if there was in the server settings menu (user admin) a tab for customizing colors and uploading custom images. Those who don't know REACT will have to turn around or wait for a user to be willing to help with a step-by-step guide.

Radar2 years ago

It would be nice if someone could describe it step by step. svg file seems to be embedded in the code. There are 1 or 2 people who can change the Traccar logo. No one explains in detail. If so, we will revert to the old version.

Joystick2 years ago

I've successfully completed it by:

1. Minified my own logo.svg file with https://www.svgminify.com/
  2. Then replaced the logo.svg file in /traccar-web/modern/src/recources/images with my own logo.svg file
  3. Then compiled the modern app

You need to make sure your SVG has a group called img. For example, <g id="img"> must be part of your logo.svg code
If you open the existing logo.svg file in notepad++ you will understand what I mean

Radar2 years ago

Thank you. But what should we do to change traccar server logo not traccar web app? It is necessary to change the traccar logo that appears on the first screen when entering from the PC.
(My English is not good. Sorry)

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You need to make sure your SVG has a group called img.

This is no longer required if you're using the latest version of Traccar.

I found a site with great step-by-step tips on how to install and customize the Official Traccar. In Portuguese.
https://www.codeartisan.cloud/

Radar2 years ago

It would be nice if there was a document for Windows server users as well.

control taken2 years ago

well, I was able to change the logo from the source code without any problem, the truth is that it is easier than you think, the important thing is to read well and do the step by step

https://www.traccar.org/build/

https://www.traccar.org/build-web-app/

I suggest that if you want to change the logo in version 5.4 you should recompile the source code in the web folder, it's the only way, it's also not that difficult, sometimes things aren't all on a silver platter, it's just reading and do more tests if they profit from a service given that if they want to change the logo they must have their own server a little knowledge acquisition would be good for them or I could also recommend paying someone who has more knowledge to do the job for you but that's it It would increase in costs, but I consider that the documentation in traccar is very shredded to make that change, I motivated them to read and do those steps, I managed to do it, it was not complex.

but I recommend you read and do the steps yourselves so you acquire more knowledge and in the future case of a problem you will be able to solve it quickly and look good with your clients, for others it is very satisfactory, I invite you and I encourage you to try to follow all the instructions that It was provided in the documentation, believe me the effort does not lie.

control taken2 years ago

What I could add, and it can confuse you a bit, is that when you go to build npm in the web folder, a folder will be created inside /traccar-web called build and inside that folder are all the files that you must replace in your vps with those in the modern or legacy folder.

Believe me, this advice will help you successfully complete the changes you are going to require.

Radar2 years ago

How to change logo for traccar 5.4 installed on windows 2019 server?
Any ideas?

Radar2 years ago

The inability to change the logo and colors will reduce the number of users.

The ability is the same as it always was. You change and recompile.

Radar2 years ago

Is there a way to do this on windows server?

You can do it on any OS.