Event to recharge mobile balance

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Happy Holidays to all,
Is there any way to set up a maintenance event where you can set every 30 days to alarm by GPS device? I am thinking about GPS that use prepaid SIM and need a periodic balance recharge.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I believe we only support attribute based maintenance events, so unfortunately not possible to use time.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Yes that is what I saw, that the GPS device had to send an attribute called TIME. It would be useful in future versions to add something like that to remember when to recharge the balance. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tony Shelvera year ago

Why not just use a service like thingsmobile? We have been switching our devices to them in 2 different countries, and have had them operational in several other countries when used on devices traveling internationally as well.

As long as you maintain a positive account balance, the SIM cards are automatically topped-up with data according to parameters you set.
They also have a very informative dashboard showing SIM status, data usage, balance and so on.

There are other services like this out there as well, we have been very satisfied with ThingsMobile so far. I have found the settings and so on to be far more flexible

Tony Shelvera year ago

../continued

Far more flexible than the data service we were using in South Africa, or the mobile network operators we used in Canada and USA. The SIM can be set to automatically connect internationally, or restricted to one country / location.
It's also worked out to be very cost effective compared to using SIM cards from local mobile networks, especially for a smaller company in Canada.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Thanks for the suggestion, for now thingsmobile is more expensive than what I currently use. Mobile in Mexico charges 0.044 USD p/MB.

mit.drew10 months ago

Tony. I have a things mobile sim in the US but when I configure the device it doesnt work. It says No Service, Online. Any advice you can offer on how to fix that?

Tony Shelver10 months ago

I am not the expert, but did you set the correct network id (I think TM)?

Tony Shelver10 months ago

And you also have to activate the SIM on their dashboard / app

mit.drew10 months ago

Yep I set the APN: to TM. Also verified that the sim is activated in their dashboard. The roaming profile allows connection to ATT in the US.