Force Settings / Default Settings

Niko Lync6 months ago

I have 2 questions

1. In the server settings, we can select force settings checkbox. Is it possible to set exceptions for specified accounts? so that they can be defined with settings other than the forced ones?

2. Is it possible to set Default settings somewhere (but not forced) for example "popup info" so that newly created accounts have defined information the "popup info" ? This can be partialy achieved by "force settings" but then you can no longer edit or extend the settings on your accounts.

Anton Tananaev6 months ago
  1. No.
  2. Yes, you can set attributes in the server settings and they will be applied if user doesn't override them.
Niko Lync6 months ago

Ok, I see that it works, pop up window in new account shows the data selected in the server attributes. However, when I go to account preferences, there is different data selected in the pop up settings. The same is the case with speed - in the server settings I changed it to km/h and in the new created account settings it is still visible in knots. Of course, the popup window displays it correctly in km/h - it seems that settings inherited from the server actually work, but this is not reflected in the account settings preview, which is a bit confusing.

Also I wonder why the default speed value is in knots... it seems to me that the vast majority of Traccar user's objects are vehicles, not ships.

Anton Tananaev6 months ago

They won't be reflected because they are not copied to user account. If you have default user preferences, it will try to use server preferences instead. If nothing is set, it will use default.

Niko Lync6 months ago

OK, understood
Thanx