3.12 web-ui events panel empty and events notification not displayed.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I am talking about report interval. What does timeout have to do with it?

Fergal Powell5 years ago

Ah yes my mistake, I misunderstood. I had my tracking device and Traccar client app reporting interval times set to 10 seconds and I have updated the Traccar client interval to 420 seconds however the events panel is still empty. Events can be viewed in the reporting panel but what I am hoping to achieve is for events to be sent to my app via the web socket. Positions and devices are sent to the app through the web socket whenever updated but events are not.

If you don't get events in the events panel, it either means that websocket connection is not working, in which case you will see an error, or you haven't enabled web notifications.

Fergal Powell5 years ago

You are correct. I had not enabled web notifications for that user. I now see events in web interface and receive events via web socket. Thank you for your help again.

dirkdeb5 years ago

Hi we got this working.
After our initial struggle to get this going I firstly set the protocol timeout to smaller values and and then the notifications would pop-up and also populate the Events window.
After a while it would stop until I retarted the server.

Eventually we upgrade the server, cpu speed and memory and now it is running smoothly under V 4.1
Event window is updating and event popups is happening.
This also sorted a reports problem we had, the server would "hang" for a while on big data sets and return with empty report.
Thanx

Sasa Ahlan5 years ago

Hello all,
I've the same problem whereby events are recorded in database but not showing in events window.
I installed version 4.2 from https://github.com/traccar/traccar/releases/download/v4.2/traccar-linux-64-4.2.zip.
I am using SinoCastel OBD Smart device IDD-213GD set at every 30 seconds.
I've created notifications and set them into device and user.
Where I could be mis-config? Appreciate for help.
Many thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uCM49l-U3285yzeSdo_Xnwo9eM15rq7/view?usp=sharing

It means that you haven't enabled web notifications, or you have a problem with websocket connection.

Sasa Ahlan5 years ago

Hi Anton,
Thanks for quick reply. I've configured notification along with user and device, and tested "Send Test Notification" without error. evenTest was shown in events window. In apache2 error.log, there is error message:

[proxy.error] [pid 1159:tid 139790108043008] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8082 (localhost) failed

What could make this error?
Thanks

Probably server was down at the time when this error happened.

Sasa Ahlan5 years ago

Hi Anton,
I use only one server for web application and traccar master and the server was ON.
I use google cloud platform instance with the following specifications: Intel Haswell 1 vCPU 2 GB memory.
Would that too low of CPU/memory or what else I should check?
Thanks

It depends on how many devices you have, but it wouldn't cause problems with events. If you don't have enough resources, nothing would work.

Sasa Ahlan5 years ago

Hi Anton,
I tried the following solution:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/648628/proxypass-not-working-on-ubuntu-14
This issue was related to iptables that was blocking the loopback port. I added :
sudo iptables -I INPUT 1 -i lo -j ACCEPT
Now it works normally.
Thanks

humbertom905 years ago

how can I see the text of the events, because they do not appear as a field in the return json