About Hosting

akzeitions7 years ago

Hi Anton,

First of all, Congratulations for your work, its clearly the best open-source api for tracking available on web.

I'm trying to host my version of Traccar on Amazon EC2, but i'm not having positive feedback with .war file.

Reading the "build" section of the website, i've found the phrase "In most cases all you need is to build Traccar from source code and replace original files on the server with newly compiled ones."

I need only to copy the WEB-INF generated foulder? I really don't need .war or .jar files?

It's my first time creating a dedicated server, i'm really sorry for asking this dumb questions.

Thank you again for your work and time helping us here.

akzeitions7 years ago

So far, i'm able only to visualize the listing of archives on /opt/jetty9/webapps, or just the map (obviously) if i copy index.html to the project folder.

The structure of the folder that i'm testing right now is something like: traccar.war, WEB-INF (folder), and META-INF (folder).

Again, sorry about that kind of question, but i'm trying really hard...

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What "war" file are you talking about?

akzeitions7 years ago

The compiled project in maven (mvn package).

I don't need to compile the whole project?

Traccar doesn't have any "war" files.

akzeitions7 years ago

Yes, indeed.

So, to upload Traccar to a microserver, i just need to upload the files into /webapps/ from jetty?

I'm trying to put the the Traccar Server on Amazon EC2 and failing miserably :(

Can you give me a light, please?

All you have to do is to download official installer and follow README instructions:

https://www.traccar.org/download/