Android 5.1 & background apps...

David7 years ago

I just discovered Android 5.1 has a setting for background apps with a checkbox to unable/disable each app.

The text of this setting is:

"The selected applications can not start automatically when the system is turned on or in the background. After the screen turns off these applications will close if they are not active in the background"

Another programs with background activity, like whatsapp, works fine unchecked.

I just tested the Traccar client checking and unchecking this setting.

In both cases, after restart the phone, traccar client does not start automatically in background.
If this is the "normal" behavior, is a serious problem...

Any ideas?

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina
David

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Apps like WhatsApp work because they use push notifications. Traccar Client doesn't use it.

David7 years ago

Under Configuration -> applitations -> Traccar Client -> Restrict to open checbox is checked.

I uncheck this and reset the phone. Seems to be a solution... not sure.

Are you using stock Android or some manufacturer-specific one? I am using one of Google phones and it doesn't restrict option there, it's a newer version of Android though. Can you please provide a screenshot.

David7 years ago

Sorry, this phone is setted in Spanish

Part 1 Part 2

It would be nice if you could switch it to English to make the screenshots. Also, you haven't answered whether it's a stock Android. What phone is it?

David7 years ago
David7 years ago

ok, wait for an english version

As far as I know, the first screen doesn't exist of official Google version of Android. It's something that Lenovo added to its custom firmware.