android 8.X bzw EMUI 8.X

Gerald 6 years ago

is the app working with android 8.X bzw EMUI 8.X

Thomas M6 years ago

Hi, on my ShiftPhone 6m on Android 8.0.0 it is not running. I have entered all settings and checked them twice, but I'm not receiving any location updates. The "Status Log" says everithing is fine. 1. Service started, 2. Network online
When I enter the same TrackingID on my wifes phone it works fine.

Gerald 6 years ago

Thanks for the information. Everything worked without problems with my old Samsung S5 Mini. Same ID. Now I have the Huawai P20 pro. Messages are service started, Network online, position update, transmission error. I think this is a bug in the app. This may not be compatible with Android 8.xx.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It is compatible with Android 8.x.

Thomas M6 years ago

@anton Is there an easy way to send you a kind of log file? What confuses me is that the App acts totally fine, as if nothing were (1. Service started, 2. Network online) but the Server doesn't receive anything.

If you don't get location update it means that your device doesn't have a location. Possible reasons:

• Location providers are disabled (can be some, not all)
  • Device doesn't have a GPS fix
  • Device doesn't have network connection
  • App doesn't have permissing

... and possibly more.

Thomas M6 years ago

It works now! It seems only to work if the location services are using GPS, WLAN and Bluetooth (including Google location Services). Usually I'm only using the devices GPS service, but then the App doesn't get a location update.
Do you have planns to make it work even if only the devices GPS services are enabled?
Thx Anton!

It should work fine with just GPS if you enable it in the app (high accuracy).