Android app not updating on server

Raj5 years ago

Hi Team,

I have 2 phones, 1 android and the other is an iphone. I have set up traccar app on both phones, the iphone works but the android does not. I would assume as the settings are the same it would not be on the server end or firewall issues. On the android, the ststus shows as network online. There is not much on the server logs showing a connection. The phone in question is a vodaphone vfd 620. GPS is on and vodaphone works as the iphone also is on the same network. I can`t work this one out.

Rajbps

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Follow troubleshooting guide.

Raj5 years ago

Got this one sorted had to toggle location on and off a few times on the phone just in case anyone else is having this issue. The phone is managed via mdm and a pilocy is supposed to stop location from being disabled but it did not seems to work veryt well untill manually done.

Chris5 years ago

So I have seen the same problem and only on Android. There seems to be some problem with the Android sending location updates after the first time. I'm also seeing a lot of "Error Sending Data" in the status log in the app. This problem seems to be intermittent as well.

For example, I just tried it and it worked fine now. So, something is acting funny.