Android Client and sensors

hardy788 years ago

Hello, i use the Treccar Android Client and I wanted to ask if someone have a tip for me , so I also sensors can use to query whether a door is opened or the ignition on and off , of course i need an extension , but I could so far not be found for Android .(Bluetooth sensors etc)

greetings

Hartmut

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

I guess by sensors you mean OBD Bluetooth adapters. Those are not supported by Traccar Client, but there might be some other apps that do support them.

dagobar4 years ago

Could you provide an link to those apps, please ?
Thanks.

Hans Maier4 years ago

Hi all, as im also interested in this question, does anyone have a link to another app?

voklava year ago

So in 2022, I can't find any Android app that can log obd2 data and send it to the traccar server.

ivanfma year ago

I have used this version for some time without problems on Chevy Bolt you can adapt for your needs

https://github.com/traccar/traccar-client-android/compare/master...ivanfmartinez:traccar-client-android:ivanfm-changes

dagobara year ago

Same problem :)
For now the only solution that I found is to use a custom device (raspberry pi + GPS + OBD2 + e.t.c.) in order to be able to read sensors or "write" send various command (ex. stop/start engine, lock/unlock, e.t.c.) or even to trigger remotely. Another advantage is the encryption + bidirectional authentication so protection against Internet GPS data poison on traccar level.
Of course such a solution is not a OBD2 plugin adapter and its price is way higher.
As a backend I used just PHP scripts to send/receive data to the SQL database.

voklava year ago

for 24 days of slowly getting to know the matter... I decided that it is most reasonable to buy a separate module and not use android.

I ordered
Freematics ONE+ Traccar Edition

dagobara year ago

Please provide feedback for your device related to Traccar but also the rest of the sensors.
For example do you use additional programs beside Traccar for reading/writing sensors/CAN ?

There is a big advantage of using plugin OBDII port since it's very easy to start using it, no headache with installation.

There is also a big disadvantage since it's very easy to disable it, the antenna of GPS/GSM/WiFi will be less sensitive placed inside the car, and you will have visible wires for antenna and multiple sensors.

pepelilloa year ago

ivanfm, Would be possible to get your modded traccar client apk? I have no clue of compiling it from Git.