Android Client lost offline data

AntonK6 years ago

I've been using latest Android Client (version 5.8, Android 6.0, Doogee X5 Max, MTK6580) without major problems, but today it seems to have lost all data accumulated in offline mode (i.e. without Internet-connection) and haven't reported any error.
More details:

• server: demo5.traccar.org
  • client ID: xxx999

All location data within interval 21:45 .. 22:08 (UTC+2) seems to be lost (I've noticed that while generating the route report - it was empty), and the only location was reported at 22:31, after I re-enabled the location service at the device.
The client log has no signs of any error:
Client Log
I've been using the client same way yesterday (and for months before), and all data was reported properly.
Apparently something went wrong today...
Is it a server-side issue or a client-side one?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I suspect that it's some server side issue because device won't remove location from local database until server confirms that it was received.

I have checked demo5 server and it ran out of disk space. I'm going to remove all history now to allow new data to be stored properly.

AntonK6 years ago

Thanks for looking into this.
I thought all demo servers had the policy of wiping the history which is older than 1 month... Wasn't demo5 set up same way?

PS: It is a pity I had lost this month history before I had a chance to export it :(

When server runs out of disk space I just truncate tables because regular delete takes too much time and it doesn't actually free up the space.

AntonK6 years ago

While examining Web-requests from the Android Client (in the context of Traccar Lite project) I've noticed the application doesn't expect/check the reply from the server... Is this so?

No, that's not correct.

AntonK6 years ago

Yes, my guess wasn't correct - the Android Client does react properly on erroneous server replies...
Why then the app hasn't noticed that the server was running out of space?

Because Traccar server sends reply after message is successfully decoded, but before it's stored in the database.