Android Traccar client v6.10 bug?

Klaas Strikwerda3 years ago

Situation:

On three different Android devices i have a mixture of Traccar Client version 6.9 and 6.10 (at this moment the latest) installed.
When the Traccar service is started it reports its loction to the Traccar Server, in the web browser showing the icon green and logging an entry in the traccar server log.
But then, after the configured Frequency time (300 so 5 minutes) the status screen on the Android devices shows Time and "Location update", as it does seem to send the update to the server.
But there is no update on the Traccar server. The log does not show a new log entry and after 10 minutes the Status in the Web browser reports "Unknown" (at least i think, i have a Dutch configuration).
When i manually restart the Traccar Service of the Traccar client on the android device, Traccar client sends once its location inmediatly to the Traccar server, adds an entry in the server log and showing in the Web browser. After 5 minutes again client reports "Location Update" but no update on the Traccer server, no log entry.

Then i installed an older version of Traccar Client on the Android device (at the end on all three of them) and the all was working well, after every 5 minutes Device Status reports Location Update and it shows in the web browser and a log entry in the server log is made.
I tried Traccar Client version 6.3 6.5 and 6.7. They all worked well.

So question is, do i overlook something in the newer versions of Android Traccar Client or is this a bug?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

It was a bug. Thank you for reporting it. We had recently had a major migration from Java to Kotlin and that introduced this issue. It should be fixed in version 6.11, which is already available on the website and will be available on Google Play soon (pending review).

CJ3 years ago

Was just about to ask the same thing, glad it's been sorted. Trying updated app now.

Klaas Strikwerda3 years ago

V6.11 is available now in Google Play.
I updated and can confirm it's working well again.
Thanks.