Assign a device to a user

Roy3 years ago

Hello,
When i create a new device using traccar api, how am i suppose to send with it the user id, so that when a user login to his account he will see his devices
Thank you

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

You have to create the device first and then use permissions endpoint to assign it to the user.

Roy3 years ago

Great! working perfectly. Thank you for your quick answer

Roy3 years ago

Hi Anton, i created a Traccar digital ocean droplet. My Traccar link now is http://157.245.124.34:8082/

Now i want to create an A record in my domain www.roytraccar.com to point to the above server. I created an A Record with IP address 157.245.124.34 but it is not pointing.

Am i missing something? sorry i am not too technical.

Thank you for your help

Roy

Seems like some issue with your DNS.

Roy3 years ago

Hello, i have a device i am trying to track, i want to see the points of location sent from to a timeframe so i can draw them on the map. i tried this http://157.245.124.34:8082/api/positions?deviceid=2&from=2021-01-22T18:30:00Z&to=2021-02-02T18:30:00Z but it is returning a single point of ALL my devices. What i want is MANY POINTS OF A SINGLE DEVICE.

Am i missing something?
Thank you

How is this related to the topic?

Roy3 years ago

I though it is kind of a support ticket, not just specifically to a certain topic, i will open a new topic then

No, it's a forum for everyone and we want to keep it organized so other people can benefit from the knowledge sharing as well.

P.S. If you are a subscription user and looking for support, you can use support email address directly. Forum is not a support ticketing system.

Roy3 years ago

Ok dear, noted, thank you

Suny Niazi2 years ago

hi

You have to create the device first and then use permissions endpoint to assign it to the user.

can you show me on picture ?
i cant find and do it
thanks

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

A picture of an API call? I think you're asking it in the wrong place.

Suny Niazi2 years ago

in old version i will use device menu on users but i cant assign a device to a user in new update.
how i must do it ?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

How is your question related to the API? Seems like you're asking about UI, which means you're completely off topic.