Center of the pin on the map not the exact position of the device?

Joeri Spitaels2 years ago

Hello,

could it be that the center of the pin on the map, i.e. the white dot, is not exactly the position of a device?

E.g.: The point lat=47.5421827 & lon=7.6082510 is exactly on a railway track in Open Street Map, as you may check here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=47.5421827%2C7.6082510#map=19/47.54218/7.60825

However, the Traccar demo server seems to put the center of the pin with those coordinates a bit off this railway track.
Why is this?

Also why are the 7 decimal digits of the coordinates now rounded down to 6 in the details of a device?

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Your link doesn't show any markers. Can you also provide a screen from Traccar?

As for rounding, it's just for display. I don't think anyone practically needs more than 6 digits.

Thx for replying so quickly Anton.
In OSM you have to hover over the coordinates on the left to make the marker in the map visible.
Here's a screenshot of this same point in Traccar:
screenshot

Zoom seems to be very different, so impossible to compare the two. Also I don't see coordinates on you Traccar screenshot. I suggest you provide some equivalent comparison where we can clearly see coordinates and the difference.

When zooming in and out in Traccar, you will see that the center of the marker stays off the track.
The point in Traccar was created by posting this:
upload link
These are the exact same coordinates shown by OSM with the link above.

This is what I see in Traccar if I upload the same coordinates:
test
Looks like for some reason you didn't compare the same maps.

Ok, my bad: the map was still on LocationIQ Streets, not on Open Street Map.
In OSM, the marker is spot on:
screenshot
Thx for your assistance Anton.