Changing map view

baldgeezer8 years ago

Hi Anton,

I cannot seem to change the map view from the default of OpenStreet Map? The only way I found out and option to change the map view was to select Account settings. However changing the map does not have any effect until the user logs off and on again. If I select Bing maps (e.g. Bing Aerial) I get no map at all.

-Dave

baldgeezer8 years ago

Should say I'm running v3.3 with a new install

baldgeezer8 years ago

Got this working now - but would like to see a new Bing layer added. I cannot use the custom layer format you support as bing uses a Quad key to represent x,y, zoom. In the UK we are allowed to use Ordinance Survey maps in the Bing interface (1:25k or 1:50k depending on zoom). If you zoom out too far it defaults back to standard road view.

Here is an example of a URL to get a tile from the OS maps (<key> represents your API key):
http://ak.dynamic.t3.tiles.virtualearth.net/comp/ch/03131313232013?mkt=en-GB&it=G,OS,BX,RL&shading=hill&n=z&og=113&key=<key>

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Bing Maps are supported. Have you provided an Bing API KEY in the server config?

You don't need to re-login to update the map layer. All you need to do is click refresh in browser.