Command and notifications button gone for ´read only´ users in ver 3.10

gpsuser7 years ago

Hello,

I notice that when I set server to ´read only´ then when users login then command button above the devices list and notifications in left corner is gone.

Is there a way I can set premissions for read only users ?

They should have same permissions again like in the 3.9 ver.

Thanks

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

There are two options now:

1. Full readonly user is not allowed to change anything. It can only view devices.

2. Device readonly user is allowed to do anything, except creating and modifying devices.

I guess the second option is what you are looking for.

gpsuser7 years ago

Hi Anton,

Thanks, yes option 2 is what I was looking for but also need the command button to make it possible for users to stop/resume engine. As I remember this was possible in previus version of traccar ?

BTW thanks for developing a great useful tracking platform :)

What's your use case? If you just want to disallow user to add new devices, you can set device limit to 0.

gpsuser7 years ago

Case is that the device read only option is fine but want to allow users to have the option to start/stop enging also without have admin permission.

if I dont tick any permission boxes on user then he can do it but then he also have permission to add and delete devices. If I set limit to 0 then user cant add but still delete a device ?

Yes, unfortunately the user would still be able to remove device.

gpsuser7 years ago

ok thank you.

jaroja47 years ago

Hello Anton
I take the subject to make a query.
How to send commands from a non-administrator user?

Option 2 that you mentioned is functional for the devices but still the user for being adminsitrador can create other accounts even see other users and change their own role.

Thanks in advance and congratulations for this great project!

"Readonly" users can't send commands. "Device readonly" users can. Option 2 has nothing to do with administrators.

Ali Raza3 years ago

@tananaev the above users are talking about this https://github.com/traccar/traccar/issues/4041