Comparison or difference between live route markers and report markers.

DaveGG6 months ago

Hello every....
To try to implement and take advantage of websockets in my traccar I need to know how different markers relate to or differ from each other. These markers are the live route markers compared to the report/route/show markers.
They are the same? How do I handle each one, how do I understand each one and its function? In my understanding I understand that no, they are not the same, I see a huge difference between them. While those of the live route depend a lot on the device/tracker you use and how you have configured it, the other reports/routes/markers section shows me many more marker points and at intervals even every second, compared to the What I receive from live route.
Which websockets do you work with? Which ones enter the database and can be used in real time?
Sorry if I don't know how to explain, it's not my field and maybe it won't make me understand. Basically I want to extract data in real time, in fact it is already implemented, but they arrive with a long delay, yes, sometimes almost in real time, 2 seconds which is great, but most of the time they take 20, 30 seconds, even 3 and 4 minutes and I would like to know if I can adjust my implementation/websokets with these times, taking advantage of the data that is collected for reports/route/markers and not the live route data.
Thank you.

Anton Tananaev6 months ago

There's no difference. It's all the same data.

DaveGG6 months ago

Thank you Anton, as always very attentive.
And why doesn't the live route show the same markers that do appear later when consulting the route and the markers of that route in reports? This may be a difficult question for me to express, I will try to explain. I observe the route of the movement live and it shows fewer markers than the later query of the route in the reports. Why do more markers appear in the route report query?
Perhaps if you understood me, I know it is a difficult question to explain in its development, since it implies many things, but if you would be so kind and have some time, I will listen to you attentively.
Greetings.

Anton Tananaev6 months ago

The only reason I can think of is if they were reported in the wrong order. Live markers would only show the most recent update. If device sends some old data after sending new, it won't get reflected live.

DaveGG6 months ago

Sorry for the delay in answering.
My device sends data every 10 seconds, it is the fastest that can be configured, but when consulting the day's route I see markers every less time, every second, every 2 or 3 seconds and then there are big lags and they come every minute or minutes. When I have a little more time I will send screenshots and the queries of the tc_positions table to justify my words with images and expand my query, sorry but I'm busy right now.
Thanks Anton.