Create New Device Identifier and Add it to the Server

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Nice video, but the problem is that it's not possible to track a device without installing an app on it.

One option I can think of is to make a custom app that would require user to enter just one parameter. For example, shipping number or something like that. Then the app would automatically register itself on the server and start tracking. That would still require some steps from the driver, but it would be much easier than the flow that you have at the moment.

LoadManager7 years ago

Thanks Anton. Is it possible to install a custom app when the use clicks the AGREE button on the web app I showed in the video?

LoadManager7 years ago

Maybe it would be easier to write some HTML5 or javascript code to get GPS data and store it in the SQL database?

It's possible to make an Android app that you would download when you click on a link, but not iOS.

Another option is to make an app that would handle specific URL. It this case you would need to install the app once and then when user clicks on a specific link, he would be redirected to the app and we can pre-configure everything for him for a specific trip.

A JavaScript app might be an option. I wanted to make one for some time now, but I'm not sure how well it would work.

LoadManager7 years ago

ok thank you for all your help. Since installing an app is not an option for us I will be looking into activating the GPS on the phone using HTML5/Javascript/PhoneGAP/GoogleGeolocaton or whatever my team can come up with.

Send me an email if you need any help.

LoadManager7 years ago

ok thank you Anton.

LoadManager7 years ago

I sent you an email regarding this topic.

arzate5 years ago

Hey Anton! help, I have a web service where I receive the locations of some devices and insert them in the database but the server does not update, is it possible that the web socket helps this question?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

How is it related to the topic?

arzate5 years ago

Well, I'm in doubt about that, because I found in the documentation something about the socket being used to send the parameters in json to update the locations