Cycle in group hierarchy

jvdsa year ago

Hi,

When I try to edit a group via the Traccar web frontend I get the following exception:

Cycle in group hierarchy - IllegalArgumentException (BaseObjectResource:94 < ...)

However, I looked at the tc_groups table of my db and these are the entries (test data, no duplicated group ids):
Traccar db tc_groups table
All other tc_groups_... tables are empty, except tc_group_geofence which holds one entry with groupid = 2 and geofenceid = 1, so I'm not sure what the problem is here.

I sometimes also have the following error in my server logs:

WARN: Set property error - Cannot deserialize value of type 'java.util.ArrayList<java.lang.Object>' from Integer value (token 'JsonToken.VALUE_NUMBER_INT') at [Source: (String)"2"; line: 1, column: 1] - MismatchedInputException (...< QueryBuilder:389 < *:446 < DatabaseStorage:76 < DeviceResource:116 < ...)

I think this also has to do something with me editing a group via the web frontend because "2" is the groupid of the group that I wanted to edit.

I am running the latest official release of Traccar (5.5). Does somebody know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Why all groups have itself as a parent group id? That's your cycle right there.

jvdsa year ago

Hi Anton,

I was a bit confused about the groupId because this test data was added by someone else before me, but now I get that it's a tree structure. Much thanks, it is solved now :)