Device added via API but it does not showing on Devices dashboard, it shows after Traccar service restarted..

Donald P5 years ago

Device added via API but it does not showing on Devices dashboard, it shows after Traccar service restarted..
what I missed?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Have you refreshed the UI?

Donald P5 years ago

yes, I refreshed it ..
I also relogin ..
I give up and then I restart the service and the devices are showing

I have tested and it works fine for me. Are you using latest version of Traccar? Provide detailed information on what you did.

Donald P5 years ago

yes.. I use 4.2

• uninstall the previous version
  • install 4.2
  • change the database to SQL Server
  • login as default (admin password admin)
  • change the login info
  • add new device from dashboard (I just tried it), it does not automatically showing the new record (I checked into tc_devices table, it created!),
    I refresh my browser., still no luck
    I logout from dashboard and relogin .. still no luck
    I use both chrome and firefox ..
    lastly .. I restart the service .. it showing :(

I also tried using API, no luck ..

I can record the screencast for you.. if you want

It definitely works for me. Provide a video please. Also, what exactly do you mean by "change the login info"? Why did you do that and does it affect this issue?

Donald P5 years ago

no, I changed from default login admin to mine

ok .. will prepare the video to show you when I insert it via API and check tc_devices and refresh the dashboard
and send to support email? .. is it Ok for you? ..

OK, but please use web app to add device, if it's also reproducible that way. Am I understanding correctly that you just unable to add any devices? Clearly it works for everyone else. This is the first time I hear about a problem like this. Are you sure you are using 4.2 from official installer and no modifications to code or configuration?

Donald P5 years ago

Anton..
I dont understand ..
the problem resolved! .. for some technical reasons.. I restarted the server and now it works.. will close this issue and get back to you when something happened

Walter4 years ago

Is there any dashboard in the traccar where all the added device showed with fuel ,km and how many devices are running and in the garage.