Device Course Wrong on Map

Neil Romig7 years ago

I have noticed an issue with 3.9 showing the wrong course on map (as implied by pointing of arrow). This came to notice because on map update many devices were pointing in same direction which is very unlikely. If I click on one, it will re-align to correct course.
I will try to get a good screencast and post a link.

Neil Romig7 years ago

Here are a couple of screencasts at Dropbox, here and here.
I can see it happens when alot of the devices align to same direction suddenly. Is this a browser issue (Firefox 50.0.2 on Fedora 25/Gnome)?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

We'll investigate the issue, thanks.

abyss7 years ago

@neilromig could you check the issue in Chromium, please.

Neil Romig7 years ago

I tried using Windows10 pc running Chrome browser, and yes there are quite often devices showing incorrect course - when I click on them they will reset to correct course. When I click on another device the previous clicked will remain correct or it may reset to wrong course again.

abyss7 years ago

The problem is I can't reproduce the issue, moreover I can't understand who to blame, browser cache or openlayers.
@neilromig could you provide the access to your server?

Neil Romig7 years ago

I have given a login to Anton which you can use if you can get it from him, otherwise I would need some non-public contact details for you.

abyss7 years ago

@neilromig, could you send one for me to andrey"at"traccar.org

abyss7 years ago

Hello @neilromig,
Could you please apply this changes to your server https://github.com/Abyss777/traccar-web/commit/f04c83ff7c3f9ab574daf49539848d7596caefb7 and test with /debug.html

It looks working for me if I apply it in browser, but need to test on server.

Neil Romig7 years ago

I have applied new DeviceImages.js and will monitor situation. Will I need to restart traccar?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Make sure you set "web.debug" to "true" in the config file. After that you would have to restart service.

abyss7 years ago

I think for tests can be used /debug.html page, just not to effect other users.

abyss7 years ago

Hello,
@neilromig, I'm monitoring your server, the original problem has gone (few devices have the same direction) but still there is other, sometimes direction is inconsistent and changes after clicking on device.

I would be very grateful if you apply this changes to your server https://github.com/Abyss777/traccar-web/commit/13cdf25f6afbd8f77f851bc002021ddc08727eb1

We have to migrate to new version of openlayers library, it has useful function that will help to solve the problem. (at least I hope that)

Neil Romig7 years ago

I have applied the 6 files to my server - lets see how it goes!

Incidentally, all this scrutiny is leading me to spot quirks in the Teltonika course status. For example my device 314 at 12:06 today arrives at its destination on a SE course, and the Teltonika FM1100 immediately after stopping reports a NW course despite the vehicle still facing SE...

abyss7 years ago

Thank you very much. Let's watch.

About course...
Course can be calculated only while device is moving unless it has internal compass.
Do not think many devices has internal compass.

Some devices report zero (North) when stopped, some devices report last course.
@Anton correct me if I'm wrong.