Service get busy without any reason

Harshana Srimal9 months ago

I Installed Traccar on AWS EC2 t3.Large

There are around 2000 Devices and suddenly they goes down without any reason. I feel the dashboard also slow. sounds like server can't handle that kind of requests. I can't see any error with the configuration and also there is no errors at the service log. Help me please.

Track-trace9 months ago

How about the log?
Check log for errors etc

How about the memory used?
Show Top output.

Anton Tananaev9 months ago

Traccar can easily handle that number of devices, but obviously the system has to be configured correctly. You haven't really provided any information to be able to help you.

Track-trace9 months ago

I also wonder how you started running a tracking business without any knowledge about server configuration. Im interested to know.

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                                                                                                      
58317 root      20   0 7930984   1.1g  20656 S  24.3   7.2   1:01.43 java                                                                                                                                                         

I followed the guide regarding limit extending. Previously I installed on debian. I just migrated to traccar community image from AWS.

cat /proc/$(pidof java)/limits | grep "open files"
Max open files            524288               524288               files    
ulimit -Hn >>>> 1048576

Can you please mentioned what kind of information needed?

That's a very high CPU usage. How frequently are your devices reporting location?

15 seconds

What database are you using? How is it configured? What disks?

AMAZON RDS

gp3 SSD 10GB

Database Engine: MariaDB
Class(AWS): db.t3.micro

That's probably the issue. Have you measured latency of database writes? What's the connection pool size?

I'm using default configuration. (connection pool size should be 100 max for default I guess)

here are the stats for RDS

CPU: 5.25%
Current activity: 10 connections

Unable to reply from previous accout. It says too many requests

Traccar has a default pool size of 10, which obviously won't work for you due to database latency. We always recommend local database, but I guess you decided to go against that recommendation.

I was thought about the backup process. Let me dump the database and go with the local version.