device that can unlock doors

naffhouse2 years ago

Hey everyone -- there are so many devices listed and out of the 10 or so that I've googled, none support remote locking/unlocking.

Is this possible thru traccar or do I need to find a different solution?

I found a device on amazon that comes with it's own software and does NOT support truccar, but it has many features.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Please don't duplicate your question everywhere.

It should be possible. You just need to find a device that supports it.

naffhouse2 years ago

Sorry, I'm in need of buying multiple units for my fleet and I'm surprised that no one else is using this feature.

Most devices out there support a generic "output". It should be possible to wire that to the door, possibly with some adapter.

naffhouse2 years ago

Looks like I'm the trail blazer here my friend

carlock2 years ago

coban xexun 103b+ has remote lock-unlock door, also your installer can connect the door to the cut off engine i did in some trucks you send the command and it stops the engine and unlocks doors

naffhouse2 years ago

Thank you carlock!

Does traccar have the ability to send these commands to the car's in your fleet via the web interface of mobile server interface? Or will I have to have a different application installed to send these type of commands? "lock/unlock" etc?

naffhouse2 years ago

Carlock,.. Thx again for responding.

A quick Google search and I can't find these particular units anywhere.

This seems like something most modern fleets would be using.

Maybe using it with traccar isn't the correct approach at the moment.

carlock2 years ago

you can use the traccaar sms gateway to send sms from the web, as i say your installer can use the cut off engine of the gps to open also the doors when received, or you can install an additional "SMS 12v relay" for that and use the custom command in traccar (with traccar sms gateway)

naffhouse2 years ago

I would send an SMS using the traccar sms gateway app on my phone and the SMS would be recieved on the wired device installed on my car?

I would need an lte data plan for my car as well I'm assuming?

carlock2 years ago

you send the custom command in traccar via the traccar sms gateway look for traccar sms gateway in the forums and in traccar documentation

Carlos2 years ago

I did this about 9 years ago with a xexun tk103-2 connected with a 12v timer to the cutoff relay and it worked perfectl;y. I would send the cutoff command and that would activate the timer for a couple of seconds sending the pulse to the door lock.

naffhouse2 years ago

The technology has to have improved in 9 years?

I can't believe I'm the only person who is looking to do this???

Why does it need to improve if it already works perfectly?

naffhouse2 years ago

When I try to reply it says "too many requests"

No reason to improve something that works perfectly.

But, so far, I haven't found anything that works perfectly.

The only hardware recommendation is for a unit that doesn't exist.