Does client support Android 3.1?

bjarni9 years ago

I tried to install the client on an old HTC Desire with Android 3.1.
The client was available on Google Marked so I expected it to work. It connects to the server and delivers a few positions for about 2 minuttes then it shows an error telling that I need to close the app.
Is this old Andoid version no longer supported?
I have also tried to install 'Wiatrack Pro (30 days Trial)' which also is available on google marked. It works fine on my old Android phone - but it is not free:(
Do you know about any free client apps for Android 3.1 that works?

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Traccar Client supports Android version down to 1.5 (API 3) which is much older version that your one, so 3.1 (API 12) should definitely work.

Have you installed the app from Google Play? If yes, you need to send a report to Google and I will see the details in the developer console. Currently I don't see any crash reports.

If you installed it from APK, you need to get crash logs manually from the device for me to investigate the problem.

bjarni9 years ago

I installed it from Google Play. How do I send them a report?

I can try to install it from APK. How do I get a crash log if it also fails?

You can set somewhere in the system to allow to send reports to Google. Anyway, using logcat (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat) you should be able to get crash logs.

bjarni9 years ago

I tried to install alogcat and run it before and after the traccar client crashed. I then saved the crash file to SD-card:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alxef95dp182our/alogcat.2015-10-01-06-51-31%2B0200.txt?dl=0

Please tell me if I did anything wrong - It's my first crash file:)

This seems to be the problem:

E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): java.lang.RuntimeException: WakeLock under-locked org.traccar.client.TrackingController
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock.release(PowerManager.java:307)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock.release(PowerManager.java:282)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock$1.run(PowerManager.java:202)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:143)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4263)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1091): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  115):   Force finishing activity org.traccar.client/.StatusActivity

Not sure how it can be happening as I already solved this problem in version 3.5. How easy can you reproduce it and what are the steps?

bjarni9 years ago

Very simple - it happens each time I start collecting locations after aprox 1-2 minuttes. It sends less than 5 locations before I get an error message saying that it was forced to close.

What phone/firmware/android version are you using? And what version of Traccar Client do you have?

bjarni9 years ago

It is a HTC Desire with Android 2.3. (Not 3.1 as I wrote earlier).

My phone is at home right now so I can't tell you the traccar client version but it is downloaded from Google Marked a few days ago. I'll check the version when I get home.

bjarni9 years ago

It is Traccar client 3.6. I also tried to install the APK (version 3.5) with the same result.

Found the problem. Turns out there was a bug in old versions of Android (2.3 and earlier).

I have applied a workaround and published a new version of the app (3.7). It might take some time till it appears on Google Play, but if you want you can download apk file and install it manually.

bjarni9 years ago

It works fine - thank you very much.