Doubt reverse proxy new interface.

Turbovix2 years ago

Hello, I have an instance of Traccar 5.3 in a test environment, but I will not use the legacy interface, I will prioritize making this change as soon as possible.
I configured an apache server to do the reverse proxy as I already do with some versions of Traccar. However, the configuration I normally use in Apache does not call Traccar , it just opens the Apache homepage, but with SSL.
Should I change some path in this configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago
Turbovix2 years ago

Anton, when I put the address (myserver.com.br:8082) of the server in the Browser without having any web server (Apache/Nginx) installed, what is the first file that is called in version 5.3?

That shouldn't be relevant.

Turbovix2 years ago

No ? shouldn't it be something like release.html, debug.html or load.js ?

Traccar should serve the correct file to you automatically. I fail to see how that's relevant to the problem.

Have you tried following the documentation I provided or you just doing your own thing?

Turbovix2 years ago

See, I sold my bike to buy a proprietary system that does exactly what Traccar does, but without any concerns about computing resources and security. However, 6 months later I met Traccar (this must have made a lot of people angry), so I threw money away, even more because the system was not completely translated and Google blocked access to its api to show maps with information about traffic and etc, and the company said that Google maps had ceased operations. KKKKKKKKKKKKK
What I mean by that is that I know a little about Traccar, I'm not a developer, but I'm curious. The settings I have for the Apache server are exactly the same as for other versions.
Tomorrow I'm off, so I'm going to spend some time on that.

Thank you for now.

If you need to know the file, it means you're probably doing it wrong. I would recommend just following the official documentation instead. You should just proxy all requests to Traccar. Apache shouldn't serve any static files. All requests should go directly to Traccar.

control taken2 years ago

Kind regards, mate, let me tell you that I have my server with a reverse proxy using nginx and I have SSL installed. It's easier than you think. I'll tell you the solution in nginx given that I use: I recommend trying several since there are some that have been posted on the forum but they don't work, When they are in the nginx you go to sites_available the file that you are going to assign your subdomain as server URL you must look for the route option I think it is something similar so by default it comes /var/www/html You should replace it with this: /opt/traccar/moderm; Enable port 80 for url access and remove the default server option for that I recommend watching some nginx reverse proxy videos on YouTube in case you don't know.

Turbovix2 years ago

Hi, I was missing a silly setup setup, now everything is fine.
I also like Nginx, I use it on another server I have.