ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/deviceMoving.vm' in any resource loader

Avant6 months ago

I have a client reporting that their tracker is not working.. checking server logs I found this. Their vehicle is stationary but traccar think it's moving slowly and the engine is on - it's not... It's parked.

The server is running latest 5.1 on Docker with MySql..

2023-11-30 00:27:33 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/deviceMoving.vm' in any resource loader.
2023-11-30 00:27:33  WARN: Notification template error - Unable to find resource 'short/deviceMoving.vm' - ResourceNotFoundException (... < TextTemplateFormatter:84 < *:95 < NotificationFormatter:72 < NotificatorWeb:54 < ...)
2023-11-30 00:27:33 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/unknown.vm' in any resource loader.
2023-11-30 00:27:33  INFO: [T1e0ae194] error - Unable to find resource 'short/unknown.vm' - ResourceNotFoundException (... < TextTemplateFormatter:88 < *:95 < NotificationFormatter:72 < NotificatorWeb:54 < ...)

No other references to this error anywhere I could find..

Anton Tananaev6 months ago

The latest version is 5.10, not 5.1. It looks like some template files are missing, which I suspect is cause by some changes that you made.

Avant6 months ago

Argh..

INFO: Version: 5.10

Made zero changes.. it's running under Docker..

traccar:
  image: traccar/traccar:latest
  depends_on:
    - my_sql_db

I recently re-ran the Docker startup, so it updated to 5.10

Avant5 months ago

So this is still happening.. how can I make it re-find these missing template files? Or do I go back to the previous version?

Anton Tananaev5 months ago

Templates should be in the right place by default. You don't need to do anything. In your case you did something to break it, but it's impossible to tell what exactly.

Swanhtet2 months ago

i have a similar issues too

2024-03-29 08:27:52 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/ignitionOn.vm' in any resource loader.
2024-03-29 08:27:52 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/unknown.vm' in any resource loader.
2024-03-29 08:27:56 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/ignitionOn.vm' in any resource loader.
2024-03-29 08:27:56 ERROR: ResourceManager: unable to find resource 'short/unknown.vm' in any resource loader.

I make zero changes and those files are exist in templates folder. Traccar is latest version, 5.12.

Avant2 months ago

@swanhtet - are you using Docker?? I had picked up a Docker volume setting that was changing the templates folder to an empty folder.. I removed and it was back to default and OK..

Swanhtet2 months ago

Hi Avant,
No i didn't use Docker. I just install manually from the installer. I think i might need to reinstall it back. Thanks for the infos.