Extra infomation field

hans5 years ago

Is it possible to link extra information to devices as in a Order or destination as to help the user to see what someone is doing, Possible linked to planning software.

If its could some one perhaps point me to a starting point as to make this my self (limited coding experiance)

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You can store additional information in the attributes.

hans5 years ago

Yes but those are not shown on the map and i cannot find a way to display them and the editing is not easy done. Idealy i would like to pin something to a icon on the map current order or transport destination.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

I believe that your requirement fits more into a logistics application rather than a gps application. Once you get Order id into it, you could also need order status, then you could need to remove order id once its been delivered, then maybe next order destination and starting time and so on ...

I would recommend use api to fulfill your logistics application rather than putting it all together in traccar web app.

By no means I'm telling you what to do, it's only a simple recommendation from my side.

hans5 years ago

Yes and no you are quite right i am still looking for a simple TMS system but yet to find a good one (dutch is needed) a good one i coming out this year i am on the beta list.

So at the moment i was just wondering for a simple..... erm Note ! thats the word i am looking for.
So yes the option to pin a note to a device thats basicaly all.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can customize web app and achieve it as per your needs.