Feature request - Share tracker live location

Ben4 months ago

The inspiration for my inquiry is drawn from my adventures as a solo traveler to remote destinations with my 4x4 vehicle and dirt bike. To ensure my safety, I habitually share my real-time location with my family through WhatsApp, providing them the means to monitor my journey and assist in case of an emergency. However, this system has its limitations, particularly when cellular reception is unavailable.

Additionally, based on past experiences, I've recognized the value of quick assistance in situations such as car theft. In times of urgency, reaching out to friends, law enforcement, or dedicated groups on platforms like WhatsApp can prove effective. I envision an even more efficient solution – the ability to effortlessly share a public page on a server, displaying the live location of my vehicle in a transparent and accessible manner on the Internet. This process should be streamlined, requiring just one click and eliminating the need for personal logins or registrations. Naturally, the shared link should be easily revocable at any given time.

Thank you.

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

It's already implemented.

Ben4 months ago

Great :)
Is there any Documentation?

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

No documentation yet.

BerndFfm4 months ago

You can create a token for a user and then add the token to the url.

#Bernd

Ben4 months ago

Hi, thanks
The essence of the request is to eliminate the requirement for tokens and user input, simplifying the process to a single "Share Live Location" button. In emergency situations, time is of the essence, and a streamlined approach is crucial.

chripal4 months ago

Hi, give us one example of usage.

chripal4 months ago

Ok, I already know how it works. Thank you for great feature.

SYSTADO2 months ago

We would also love that feature because we use the devices in tracking for emergency services
and using the links as its now they always need to login to see live tracking :(

SYSTADO2 months ago

I just cannot get the implemented sharing to work :(
All i find in the forum is that there should be a link in popup of device but there is not.
Also we would need to have that send as email content in case of an event

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

If you don't see the option, you're probably not using the latest version.

SYSTADO2 months ago

We are on 5.12
wget https://www.traccar.org/download/traccar-linux-64-latest.zip

Anton Tananaev2 months ago

And you have tried clearing the browser cache?