Feeling like a numbnut here

Thomas3 years ago

I've got a Android Huawei P10 lite with the Traccar Client installed (installed in august)
Internet is working on the cell phone.
I've set the client to demo2 in Canada, I'm in Colombia.
The client seems to run with "Service Status" on and the status page show location updates
I created an account on the demo2 web page and added the device. It shows online in the top left window.
In the bottom left window under status, the time shows a date in August, but it's now September.
Why does it show an update from at 0 minutes, but a date from August?
Also, on the right window, the position seems correct on the map, but I'm not sure it's current.
Taking a walk around the block doesn't show anything for "Live Routes" (I suppose it should show the track here?).
What am I missing here?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

It sounds like device is reporting incorrect time. I guess you would have to debug the app to confirm that.

Thomas3 years ago

I saw mention of a troubleshooting guide in another post. Where is it?

Have you checked the documentation page?

Thomas3 years ago

I just ran through the Client troubleshooting.
I am getting a lot of Send failed messages, but there are Location update too.
The app I'm using is the Traccar Client, so it's beyond my ability to debug even if I had the source.
The "Last Update" changes from 0 to more minutes (if offline).
The Status time remains a constant from August in date and time.
Does the "Location update" message mean that the server got it and its receipt was confirmed to the client?
Should the state window (bottom right) show the most recent data sent?
The date that keeps showing is probably when I first installed and started testing Traccar. Do I have to do something to keep updating other than run the client on Android?

State window is on the left for me. Maybe it's time to look at the screenshot.

You don't need to do anything to keep it running, but sometimes the system would kill the app and you need to restart.

Thomas3 years ago

Oooops. I meant to say left.
How can I add a screenshot here?

Upload somewhere and share it here.

Thomas3 years ago

Since I don't upload my stuff have you got a step-by-step that would work for here?

It sounds like you already followed the guide that we have and it didn't help, so no, there's nothing else.

Thomas3 years ago

I tried saving it to OneDrive, a png of the screen,
but I can't see how I can share it here.

A link?

Thomas3 years ago

So there could be 2 potential reasons:

1. Device is reporting time in the past and that's what we see.
  2. Device is reporting time in the future and it gets filtered out.
Thomas3 years ago

When you say device, I assume you mean my cell phone.
Since it's showing the correct time on the main screen, that means either:

1. The data from today isn't being seen by the server despite it being "online"
  2. The Traccar client app is not getting or transmitting the date and time properly. (But why the August date and time?)

Oh, there is one thing to consider, the cell is set for the region of south america, so date formats are in dd/mm/yyyy.

Is there a way to see a log of what the demo2 server is seeing from the client on my cell?