From Unknown to Off-Line

jcorreajr6 years ago

Sorry. It's a translation error of mine.
The problem is that the device remains with the unknown status, even after the connections referring to this same device no longer exist in the operating system.
This problem can be simulated using some simple connection program such as nc for example.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

And you are not using "status.ignoreOffline"?

jcorreajr6 years ago

I am not using this parameter.

What protocol are you using? For HTTP-based protocols there is no offline state.

jcorreajr6 years ago

gps103 port 5001/tcp
and
"watch", port 5093/tcp

I don't have any more ideas. You would have to debug the code if you want to find out what's happening.

jcorreajr6 years ago

Okay, I'm going to open an issue in the github of the project. I'll give you more details about the problem. Although I am not a developer, I will try to analyze the code in search of a clue.

You can open the issue, but as far as I know, it works for everyone else. So, unless you can provide reliable steps to reproduce the problem, it won't be investigated.

jcorreajr6 years ago

I was able to simulate the problem, with the default installation in versions 3.17, 3.16 and 3.15. In version 3.14 this is correct.
I raised a question with details on how to simulate.
https://github.com/traccar/traccar/issues/3970

Aakansha2 years ago

Hi Anton
I want to know the difference between offline VS unknown Vs Device Inactive.
you said that Unknown means hasn't received any data for 10 min or more
Offline means - Device is disconnected from the server.
Device Inactive is not clear to me.
I need notifications if the vehicle is standing in one place for more than 2 hours, So what do I choose from these, Device inactive or Unkown.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Unknown is a connection status event. If device connection is closed, you will never get unknown status.

Device inactive is intended to notify you when device hasn't reported anything for a long period of time. And it also has reminders.

Aakansha2 years ago

Thanks for the reply .
I think Device Inactive would be best to choose in these conditions if I want notifications of the vehicle standing period.
Device Inactivity Start --- would be 2 hours in my case, should I have to write in milliseconds like this 7200000 ??
Device inactivity Period, what does this mean

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Start value looks correct. Period is what I mention previously - it's a reminder. For example if you want to get reminded every hour after initial 2 hours, you can se it to 1 hour.

Aakansha2 years ago

Thanks for the clarity Anton
Device Inactivity Start = 7200000
Device Inactivity Period = 3600000

Is this fine!

So, it'll get me reminders after initial 2 hours , in every 1 hour

Aakansha2 years ago

One more thing Anton
The device Inactivity feature can be set for all devices with the same Data which I mentioned earlier !!!