Google Map Layer

Anton Tananaeva year ago

They could, but they haven't blocked it so far.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Hi! Does anyone know how to set the default google maps when creating a new user?
By default it sets "LocationIQ Streets, OpenStreetMap, Carto", but I want the google ones.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

You can set it in the server attributes.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Could you help me with the procedure please? In server attributes I added Active maps, there I put the name of the map or maps (separated by commas) that I want as it appears in the drop down list of Preferences->Map->Active maps, it is worth mentioning that I write the attribute in the language of my server (Spanish). The above without any result.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

The easiest option is to configure it for your user and then check user attributes. Then copy attribute values to the server attributes.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

Thank you very much, I did that and when creating a new user the desired maps appear in the Map window, so far so good, but when I go to the new user preferences the old ones appear, this happens even with popup information; this is an expected behavior or how to match the server attributes with the new user preferences?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It's expected. Each user can override server settings if needed.

Alex Meléndeza year ago

I understand that each user can change the configuration as needed, what I am saying is that what is set by default by the server could also be visually selected in the preferences of new users.
Anyway I saw that the attributes of the new user must be set according to those of the server to match the visual preferences with the configured, currently a new user can take the server settings as Active Maps = Google Roads and be seen in the Map tab the google map, but be seen in the user preferences as LocationIQ Streets.
It would be helpful to automatically copy the server attributes to the new user as well to match what is running with the visual in the preferences, but oh well.
Thanks for your help.