Google Map Layer

Hi. The Google Map Layer is free for use in Traccar Server? I am begginer.

Tks

Omar Asim5 years ago

Hello Sergio,
You can use the layer by using the link provided in the documentation of the traccar, but yes you have to buy the license from google afterwards when you using publicly.

Tks Osmar.

Tony Shelver5 years ago

Omar, how is the license handled before going public? I

We use Googlemaps api on our other tracking system, and it's mandatory to have an account and API key with Google before it will work, otherwise the map is greyed with a 'For Development Only' watermark over it. There is a limit on how much use can be made of the API before charges start to accrue.

In the past you could use the Maps API in without an account, but that policy was changed over a year ago.

Omar Asim5 years ago

Hi Tony,
Currently I'm in process of developing a tracking system through Traccar, as in development mode I have used the Google Map layer provided in the documentation.

https://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}&s=Ga

Map is being shown perfectly on the localhost server, but what I think is this can only be used for development purposes, for adding a layer before going public you need to purchase the license through Google to provide the API to your tracking system.

You are correct we would need an API key and account before it will work, as the custom layer provided on the documentation is for limited use.

franck kaze3 years ago

Bonjour Mr, en effet j’aimerais utiliser la carte de google sur mon interface web de traccar. Depuis un moment, je fais des recherches dessus mais je n’ai rien de très clair.
- La je viens d’obtenir une clé api googlemaps. En esperant que cette dernière me permet d’afficher la carte de Google maps sur mon interface web traccar,
Ou dois-je l’insérer exactement ?

Très cordialement