Benvo5 years ago

Greetings to everyone,

I have a problem with my GPS tracker. Its been offline on the server, i changed the IP and port to the server ip and port to make sure they connect.
I have tested traccar by using my phone and using the exact same ip and port. the traccar app works on my phone and it shows my location on the site, but the GPS tracker stays offline.
The log file doesn't show any error and i currently have no idea what the problem is.
The gps tracker i use is TK102 clone, but i dont think it should matter that much to use a custom port.

Also i gave the device password as parameter in traccar for the particular device.

i hope someone is able to provide help.

Thank you.

Benvo5 years ago

EDIT:
port used for web interface is 8082, this should be fine, but port 5053 is not forwarded while i can still get my phone client to work on the server. so why should that work for the GPS tracker either?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Follow troubleshooting guide.

Benvo5 years ago

I have been looking into the troubleshooting guide, but i haven't found any helpfull options.

i know that the server isn't receiving any data from the device, i can see that i create the device but i don't get any hex codes from it.
according to the troubleshooting this would mean the wrong port is being used for the device.
Do the ports need to be forwarded in the router or not? the traccar client is working perfectly fine without that port being forwarded. Why would it work for the gps tracker as well?

Where did you read that it's a wrong port issue? I think you should read it again more carefully.

Benvo5 years ago

well firstly, i don't receive Hex codes for the device, i do receive them for my mobile phone.
I know the device is configured correctly because i tried both the IMEI and Id. none of them send data.

While checking on the port check tool i see that the port 8082 is open but ports 5055, 5001, and all the other ports of chinese clones are closed.

lastly, the server is visible on the internet since i can reach the site using different networks, like my data network.
The device was working on the manafacturers given website "http://gps110.org".

in the gps tracker, i changed the adminip to the ip of our server and its port. and i also set the device password in traccar as a value.

i'm sorry if it sounds stupid, but i currently have no idea other than the porting issue.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Share device, model, configuration, etc. I believe is related to your device rather than server. Some devices will not start delivering messages to server until explicit GPRS command is received.

1. How is Traccar Client working if port 5055 is closed? What port are you using for it?
  2. If device ports are closed - the issue is not a wrong port, but the fact that they are closed.

Hello

it seems I have the same kind of issue : neither UDP or TCO port opened on Traccar server ?
( there were opened end of last week ) .
??

TCP

Benvo5 years ago

GPRS mode was turned on according to the check command. so it should be sending the data.

the adminip configuration is set to <ip-address>: our ip + <port> traccar server port(8082)
and as far as i can find there is no explicit command to have the TK102 send data to a specific server using GPRS.

as for the traccar client, the only thing i manually changed was the server URL being serverURL:8082

so in that case the problem will most likely be the fact that the port is closed, but oddly enough i can't figure out why the traccar client does receive data and location.

Benvo5 years ago

Currently i am getting Hex codes from the device, but the hex code translates to an unknown code for me
the hex output i am getting is:

(087075957914BP00352887075957914HSOP54)

and another one translating to

(087075957914BR00190220A5132.4180N00429.5891E000.5124024000.00,00000000L00000000)

the last code i think is a location code of some sort, giving a north and east and longitude possibly

Benvo5 years ago

after some further looking into the problem, i figured it out and fixed it.

the traccar is now working perfectly fine on TK103 protocol using port 5002.

Farith Escalante5 years ago

How do you fix it Benvo?

Roger Martinez4 years ago

Is there any tutorial on how to parse the Log file in traccar to get optimal operation behavior? even a blog entry would be great.