H2 migration

knoxy7 years ago

Hi,

I upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3 and then on to 3.9 today but something went wrong. I seem to have lost all the data from the original 3.2. I took a backup and have the H2 database files from the data directory.

I dont seem to be able to see any tables in the H2 files though. I've tried to look with the H2 console and even tried with the new H2 files from the recent setup but i dont see anything other than the standard H2 tables so i think there is something im missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If you backed up correct files, all the data should be there. Note that you need to use compatible version of H2 database driver to open it. Not all H2 versions are compatible.

knoxy7 years ago

Thanks Anton. How do i figure out which is the compatible H2 driver?

Use the same H2 version as Traccar uses.

knoxy7 years ago

I managed to get the data from the H2 database and have uploaded it in to the new version (upgraded to 3.11 today).

Now i see the data in the positions table in MySQL but i dont get any history via the interface. I had to change the deviceid for the device I'm testing in the devices table to match the one in positions.

Any ideas?

If device id matched, you should be able to see history. Just make sure you've restarted server after changing id.

knoxy7 years ago

Does the positions table get purged if a device is no longer present at any stage?

If you remove device, all history will be removed with it, but I'm not sure what would happen if you manually change database.