Help with Linux (CentOS 7) VPS install of V4.7 (Noobie)

Micah Tribehorn4 years ago

I wiped and reinstalled on the OS on my VPS since this is just for learning.

I then followed directions from @Anton and @Slawek by doing the following:

-Download latest version
wget https://github.com/traccar/traccar/releases/download/v4.7/traccar-linux-64-4.7.zip
-unzip
unzip traccar-linux-64-4.7.zip
-install
sudo ./traccar.run
-run
sudo systemctl start traccar.service
-check if running
sudo systemctl status traccar.service
=Active: active (running)

I think this all went smoothly. However when I navigate to "myipaddress:8082" I get an error message from the browser (chrome) saying...

This site can’t be reached 104.237.xx.xx refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What's next?

Slawek4 years ago

show all after command

sudo systemctl status traccar.service

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Sounds like the service is running. Have you opened required ports in the firewall?

CT-5ef7f4e3 /# sudo systemctl status traccar.service                            
● traccar.service - traccar                                                     
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/traccar.service; enabled; vendor preset: 
disabled)                                                                       
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-01-23 17:10:44 CST; 27s ago          
 Main PID: 1015 (java)                                                          
   CGroup: /system.slice/traccar.service                                        
           └─1015 /opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/trac...

Jan 23 17:10:44 server1.mowstuff.com systemd[1]: Started traccar.               
Jan 23 17:10:50 server1.mowstuff.com traccar[1015]: WARNING: An illegal refle...
Jan 23 17:10:50 server1.mowstuff.com traccar[1015]: WARNING: Illegal reflecti...
Jan 23 17:10:50 server1.mowstuff.com traccar[1015]: WARNING: Please consider ...
Jan 23 17:10:50 server1.mowstuff.com traccar[1015]: WARNING: Use --illegal-ac...
Jan 23 17:10:50 server1.mowstuff.com traccar[1015]: WARNING: All illegal acce...
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.                       
CT-5ef7f4e3 /# -l                                                               
-bash: -l: command not found

@Anton
Great question! I was suspicious of something like that. No, I have not opened any ports? Is there a simple way to do so - or should I just google it?

Slawek4 years ago

systemctl status firewalld

CT-5ef7f4e3 /# systemctl status firewalld                                       
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon                       
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; enabled; vendor pr
eset: enabled)                                                                  
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-01-23 17:05:57 CST; 31min ago        
     Docs: man:firewalld(1)                                                     
 Main PID: 108 (firewalld)                                                      
   CGroup: /system.slice/firewalld.service                                      
           └─108 /usr/bin/python -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid       

Jan 23 17:05:56 server1.mowstuff.com systemd[1]: Starting firewalld - dynami....
Jan 23 17:05:57 server1.mowstuff.com systemd[1]: Started firewalld - dynamic....
Jan 23 17:05:57 server1.mowstuff.com firewalld[108]: ERROR: Failed to read fi...
Jan 23 17:05:57 server1.mowstuff.com firewalld[108]: WARNING: Failed to get a...
Slawek4 years ago

firewall-cmd --list-ports

firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=8082/tcp

firewall-cmd --reload

By default CentOS blocks everything. Not sure why you chose this particular distro. Anyway, you need to configure it.

Your VPS provider might have some network level firewall as well. You should obviously configure all that correctly.

That's not something specific to Traccar.

Slawek4 years ago

for testing you can

systemctl stop firewalld

or

systemctl disable firewalld

@Slawek
Success!!!!!!!!!!! I now have access to the Traccar login page!

Thank you all for your help!

@Anton
Obviously a distro's settings are not your fault.
In the future, what is the simplest distro to use - perhaps something that already has the correct port open?

Ubuntu is the easiest to set up, but it's also less secure because everything is open by default.

Slawek4 years ago

don't forget open ports for yours gps devices

@Anton
Thanks. It is nice to know what is easiest for the sake of learning, and what is more secure for the sake of security.

@Slawek
Thanks. You're the man. I opened port 5055 since I am going to be using the traccar mobile app to begin with.

Georges Khoueiry3 years ago
[technoops@ip-50-62-80-147 track]$ sudo systemctl status traccar.service
[sudo] password for technoops:
● traccar.service - traccar
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/traccar.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-03-11 16:57:56 MST; 5min ago
 Main PID: 16200 (java)
   CGroup: /system.slice/traccar.service
           └─16200 /opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml

Mar 11 16:57:56 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net systemd[1]: Started traccar.
Mar 11 16:58:04 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net traccar[16200]: WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
Mar 11 16:58:04 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net traccar[16200]: WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$1 (file:/opt/traccar/lib/guic...tionDomain)
Mar 11 16:58:04 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net traccar[16200]: WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$1
Mar 11 16:58:04 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net traccar[16200]: WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
Mar 11 16:58:04 ip-50-62-80-147.ip.secureserver.net traccar[16200]: WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[technoops@ip-50-62-80-147 track]$
Georges Khoueiry3 years ago

the firewall is off and still , it don't work