Help with Reverse Geocoding and Geofences

Giovannic7 years ago

Please Someone who can guide me or help me.

I have a fleet of vehicles that always makes the same route (round trip of 40kms) and I have to inform in a specific point, but I have two problems and I want to know if it is possible to solve them with some function of Traccar. . . . . .
1- Reverse geocoding queries are many in a day. around 2500 per device. (Those 2500 reports come out of the position reports every 100 meters since I have some geofences at different points on that route, and you should take the time to cross that geofence point)
2- The inputs to the BD are many, around 125,000 (I have 50 devices in operation)
I have thought about using the function (<entry key = 'geocoder.reuseDistance'> 500 </ entry>) to perform 490 reverse geocoding requests per device, since the same route is always used.
I saw in the forum that someone mentioned the use of the function (<entry key = 'geocoder.cacheSize'> 20000 </ entry>), but I do not know exactly what it does.
I think the best solution would be that with some type of Traccar filter, simply read the position reports (coordinates) when they are inside the geofence. The geofence is polygonal (a rectangle of 20 meters x 100 meters). And so avoid so many position reports.
But I do not know if it's possible.

P.S.
I'm using Bofan's pt502 GPS and they do not have the built-in geofence report feature.

Thank you

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If I'm understanding correctly you want to filter out all positions outside of geofences. Such functionality is not available in Traccar out of the box.

Giovannic7 years ago

Hello Anton
Thanks for answering me, yes, that's the idea, is there any way to implement it? By a payment, could the development team implement it?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Sure, please send an email to support address to discuss it.