Hidden app not hidden ?

oldlock4 years ago

Hi, I have installed the hidden app APK on a pixel 4 running android 11. While the app works it is not hidden, the icon for it is in the apps list, have I missed something ? I thought it was meant to vanish ... ?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

It's not possible to hide an app on newer versions of Android.

ghotik3 years ago

Hi. I was using your excellent apk on Android8-10 when Android11 came (as an ordinary upgrade!!) and everything changed.
The main problems were the hidden mode and the doze mode. While I have no problems to switch to the visible mode, my requirements would tell that the tracking activity should run h24 with a tight polling (less than 1 minute) no matter what. The arrival of the new doze mechanism shows that, when the phone is left still, after a while the doze delays the position traces to 5 minutes, then more and more up to a few hours (!!) during the night. Of course, by design in my case nobody is caring about battery life.
Having the possibility to modify the source code, I made some researches and found several "brutal" ways, but they all need root privileges or a rooted device, or the connection to a google alarm service, but unfortunately none of this seems acceptable (the device would be a regular non-hacked phone connected into a VPN wireless LAN with no connection to the Internet network).
Do you thing it is possible to fix (or at least mitigate) the problem? Are you planning to implement or suggesting some possible workaround ?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Have you checked troubleshooting guide?

ghotik3 years ago

Thanks, the reference to dontkillmyapp.com was very useful. Nonetheless to explain my boss why running a stable traccar client on a Samsung Android 11 is quite a desperate mission! ;)