Hidden version still visible in the banner area at Huawei Honor 5X

Zecman6 years ago

Hi Anton and all Traccar fans.

I would like to use the hidden version of the client. Everything works. I set up the tracking, it disappears and comes back with the tel.-#... I removed it from the status bar and removed all rights to display notifications, BUT

The Huawei launcher has some kind of history in the banner area (what you can see when you pull down the status bar). Since Traccar tries to get the GPS position every 1 minute internally (read this somewhere), independent from the interval given in the setup gui, "device settings"-app is always on top of this list of banners.

Is it possible to also remove it from this area AND use GPS as the source of the location?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

No, unfortunately I don't think it's possible. Android want to give users more information about what processes are running on the system. There is nothing we can do about it from the app side.

Zecman6 years ago

Do you know how Google realizes the location history? They are pretty accurate with the timeline they produce in the background. Maybe it is possible to get the location from other sources than the integrated hardware?
Would a service on the device (like WhatsApp... Frontend GUI and background service) also generate alerts when accessing the GPS sensor?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Obviously Google can get location without notifying the user. They developer the system. I think in most cases they use network location provider which is pretty accurate in densely populated areas.