Hide Switch to modern interface

Track-trace4 years ago

Is it possible to hide the "Switch to modern interface" through app.css (or any other file) ?

If so, what is the exact code that i need to put in app.css to hide the "Switch to modern interface" text and url.

P.s.
I understand it can also be removed from LoginController.js and then minify the .js again. But thats out of my league for now.

Thanks..

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

You can just remove this line:

<div id="update">Switch to <a href="/modern/">modern interface</a></div>

from web/release.html.

Track-trace4 years ago

I do not have the above line in /web/release.html

<div id="update">Switch to <a href="/modern/">modern interface</a></div>

I only see this code in LoginController.js

handleAdded: function () {
        var element = document.createElement('div');
        element.id = 'update';
        element.innerHTML = 'Switch to <a href="/modern/">modern interface</a>';
        document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].appendChild(element);
    },

handleRemoved: function () {
        var element = document.getElementById('update');
        document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].removeChild(element); 

P.s.
When i add your line of code to web/release.html then i have two lines of "Switch to modern interface" on the front page.

<div id="update">GOGO Switch to <a href="/modern/">modern interface</a></div>

https://imgur.com/2n7vBJq

Is there still a way to hide "Switch to modern interface" without using minify ? If so in which file and what should i put there ?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

It sounds like you are not using latest version. I would recommend upgrading first.

Track-trace4 years ago

Thank you Anton. I did revert to 4.8 ( i think i used 4.9 where that "Switch to modern interface" line appeared). While 4.9 /Web still worked with 4.8 tracker-server.jar

Will need to implement my prior modifications from 4.8 into 4.10 server sourcecode and compile it to make it work with 4.10 web login.