How does Driver Works

Gantz5 years ago

Hi, first of all thanks for all your magnificent work.
i have a doubt regarding drivers, i have created a driver through the web app, then i assign that driver to a device, but that driver id doesnt shows anywere, not in reports, not in positions, how does this works if i just want to get the driver name (or uniqueID) in a report. Thanks.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Does your device report driver id?

Gantz5 years ago

i think it does not, but theres a way in wich i can show the name of the asigned driver just from the database?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

No, you can't. You can only use this feature if your device supports it.

Gantz5 years ago

ok, thank you very much.

Delannoya year ago

Hello, I allow myself to come in this conversation which dates back 4 years but, I have the same "problem", the ascent of the ibutton does not appear in taccar, is there a place to activate the 'display ? it goes back the information in "more details" but is it possible to have the name of the driver instead of the ibutton number?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Are you saying it shows in "more details"?

Delannoya year ago

yes, it can be seen in more detail, but it's the ibutton number that is displayed and not the driver's name, which would be easier

Delannoya year ago

driverUniqueId ID unique du pilote 01C0D98A1A0000ED

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I don't think we map it to driver currently.

Maxa year ago

Hello, i see similar situation. I have custom device what reports to traccar with OSMAnd protocol. I have info about driver id in tracks. How can i link person with car?
My task is logging car #1 used by driver #1 and driver #2 in specified time.
It's possible to just add attribute like ?id=123456&lat={0}&lon={1}&timestamp={2}&hdop={3}&altitude={4}&speed={5}&driver={6}
and later use this data to understand driver car exchange and mileage?

Maxa year ago

Related to upper message. I don't familiar with java, but see protocol decoder part on github. It's driverUniqueId as i understand.

eueduardo310 months ago

Anton does the current version of Traccar modern not link the driverUniqueId to the names saved in Drivers?
because according to Delanoy, only the decimal code appears, without appearing the driver's name as it happened in previous versions of traccar.

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

Don't remember off the top of my head, but maybe we don't do it yet.

eueduardo310 months ago

too bad, this feature is crucial, I'll have to go back to the legacy interface then. I'm finding it a bit confusing, a bit strange, because Traccar Modern already has a "Drivers" tab to insert and link the drivers' names to an ID. It would be kind of weird to put that tab, but no use.