How to get reports for non standard values

Ma year ago

Hi everyone,

I am sending my vehicle's "fuel rate" and "time with mil" to Traccar and Traccar is correctly registering them.

Traccar gives generic names to the attributes such as "io350" and "io333" as can be seen here: https://ibb.co/6bwPRbp

My question is: How can I get reports on these attributes just like we do with all other attributes? I mean for example see graphs of the fuel rate and time with mil over time and that kind of thing.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you want to see them on a graph, you need to convert them into numbers first.

Ma year ago

Aren't they numbers already? 50 and 0 in my screenshot.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

It's impossible to tell from the screenshot if they are numbers or string values.

Ma year ago

This is the decoded hex transmission to Traccar:

UCFLFFYF#0:2088495,10D:50,10C:1000,111:20,104:45,15E:50,14D:0,24:1191,20:0;0;0,82:48*A7

The value for keys 15E and 14D seem to be the same as any of the other values (for which I am able to generate graphs no problem).

Assuming they are integers, my question is more: How do I get Traccar to show me reports about them since these attributes don't show up on any of the drop downs any where in Traccar.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Anywhere? Then you're probably not using the latest version of Traccar.

Ma year ago

There's also the possibility that I just don't know where I am supposed to find them.

Assuming I am using the latest version of Traccar, where would I find them?

Ma year ago

Something like: "They should be in [Insert section of Traccar here]" would be the most helpful.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Maybe it's better if you provide all the places you checked. Because it sounds like you checked all the possible places.

Ma year ago

You can't really think that it's better for a user to provide all the places they looked vs the creator simply saying where things should appear.

I really did not expect you to be being difficult on purpose. I thought your questions were legitimate and I answered them as best as I could to save you time.

Ma year ago

Lol you rate limited me? wtf

Anyway thanks.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Nobody rate limited you specifically. We have a rate limit on comments per hour, if I remember correctly.

If you don't want to provide the information, it's your choice. But if you need help, it's probably on you to provide as much information as possible.

Ma year ago

I did provide as much information as possible. I literally visited all 9 sections of Traccar, but what you are asking for is a negative goal.

You want me to enumerate all the sections of Traccar that I've visited so you can say "not that one, not that one.." when you already know where the attribute should appear but just refuse to point me in the right direction.

Not really sure why.