How to Handle Missing Attribute Updates in Traccar Packets

Hamzaa year ago

I hope you are all doing well. I am an active user of the Traccar tracking platform and I have encountered a specific requirement regarding attribute handling in device packets. I am seeking guidance and assistance from the knowledgeable members of this community.

In my Traccar setup, I receive device packets that contain attributes such as ignition status, battery level, and charging information. However, there are cases where these attributes are not included in subsequent packets from the device. My goal is to implement a mechanism where, if the device sends data about the battery level in one packet but omits it in the next packet, the previous battery level value should be retained until an updated value is received from the device.

I believe that achieving this behavior would require custom logic or configuration adjustments within Traccar. I kindly request the expertise of the community members to guide me on how to implement this attribute handling functionality effectively.

Any insights, suggestions, or examples of modifications to the Traccar configuration or scripts would be highly appreciated. I am open to exploring different approaches and would be grateful for any assistance in implementing this attribute retention feature.

Thank you in advance for your support and valuable contributions. I truly appreciate the collaborative nature of this community and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Hamza

Anton Tananaeva year ago

What you're looking for is called attribute copying. Check the configuration documentation.