How to instal Traccar Server on CentOS VPS

sany37ba8 years ago

Hello to all and thank you in advance.

I have a couple questions which I did not find answers:

1. I have CentOS VPS - how to install java, cuz as I see this is java based application.
  2. After - how to heck install this Traccar Server on my VPS
  3. Do I need to have separate domain for this and how to install server on this separate domain and sub/domain.

I am sorry if this is already answered, but I did not find it. Thank you a bunch

Regards

Anton Tananaev8 years ago
  1. How to install Java on CentOS (you could've just Googled it):

sudo yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk

2. Download installer and run it. Check README file for more info.

3. Domain is just and alias for your IP address. You need to configure your DNS server if you want to use your domain name.

sany37ba8 years ago

OK, but i dont understand how to choose where to install server? Which directory? I only have ssh access

Does it ask you to choose where to install it? Just run the installer.

sany37ba8 years ago

Mate, that is a problem (sorry I'am PHP developer, Java is brave new world for me) - I just installed Java using this command sudo yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk, everything goes perfect. U use Putty fo it. Now, I really dont know how to upload /where/ Traccar Server or how to continue installation? Thank you

Are you asking where to upload the installer file? Anywhere. It doesn't make any different. I usually put it into the user home folder.

sany37ba8 years ago

Hehe, easy to say for you :) This is my first time I work with SSH and Putty, I don't have a clue how to upload files to server or how to start installation. I know this is probably pain to explain me, and if you not - i understand. But man, I dont know anything about this :). And that is a true...

sany37ba8 years ago

OMG you meant to upload with filezilla for example to public_html folder /some subfolder or subdomain/ and from there to start installation?

What I would recommend to do is to download the file straight from VPS:

wget https://github.com/tananaev/traccar/releases/download/v3.6/traccar-linux-64-3.6.zip
unzip traccar-linux-64-3.6.zip
sudo ./traccar.run
sudo /opt/traccar/bin/traccar start

That's it.

sany37ba8 years ago
root@server [~]# sudo /opt/traccar/bin/traccar start Starting traccar... Waiting for traccar...... running: PID:27029 root@server [~]#

That is the last message I received after all steps you sent me; what now? :)

sany37ba8 years ago

OK, I got it :)

Just serverdomain.com:8082 and that is that :) Thank you very much for all, one more Q - croatian translation - how to include it to server

You can help with Croatian localization here:

https://www.transifex.com/traccar/traccar/

sany37ba8 years ago

Great, I will. Thank you very much...

Ager8 years ago

Hello
I am a new in this forum.
I did everything step by step
as you have commented on topic but did not get :(
Can you help?
What should I do now?
Thank you!

@Ager, what steps did you do? Were there any errors? What's exactly not working?