IDP and AIVDM same device

Nikolay a year ago

Hello,

I need help in making the best decision.

What I have:

IDP782
AIVDM - AIS Station Stream

I want to associate the two sources with one device.
Unfortunately the AIVDM comes with an MMSI identifier and the IDP comes with a different identifier.

What I can do is create a new mmsi attribute and its presentation in the database.
Then in DeviceLookupService I need to add a second check for mmsi if no device is found by uniqueId.

My question is is this a good option. And if considering the traffic from AIVDM should this check by mmsi be first.
And is there a better approach at all.

Thanks in advance.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Sounds reasonable. The only problem would be if you need to support commands. If your data is coming from two different connection, Traccar won't know which one to send it to. And by that I mean it will probably send to the latest one.

Nikolay a year ago

Thanks, Anton,

Hmm, I haven't accounted for the commands at all, I haven't found their application in Orbcomm Gateway communication yet I think the protocol just pulls data from there, and if it's AIVDM , I don't know how it could be implemented at all since the data is plotted over UDP.

If my previous guess would be good, I'm not bothered about the commands. Rather, I wonder why I need so much AIS data and how I would limit the queries to the Database or at least make an index by mmsi?

Any advice is welcome