Import from 2 databases to 1 database.

Cristian8 months ago

Good morning to all,
i have 2 vps each one with its own version of traccar. i intend to merge both in a new vps (with better features) but i have doubts about what happens with the mysql data import. will there be any problem importing from 2 different databases to 1? has anyone done it before?
I am worried about the relationship between the data.

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

There will be many problems, especially with keys.

Track-trace8 months ago

Why dont you just use each version of traccar and two databases on your new server ?

Just run each traccar server and devices on a separate port.

Cristian8 months ago

Thank you Anton.

Track-trace, the recommendation I have always read is to use the database locally and not remotely.
I also tried to have 2 instances of traccar on the same machine and the truth is that it consumes a lot of resources.

Track-trace8 months ago

What is a lot of resource for you ?

If you run everything on the same server and just create two databases instead of one. And the run two instances of traccar server, then i dont think you will use more the two gigabyte extra Ram (it depends how much you allocate to java when you start traccar server).

And then some extra Cpu load.

Cristian8 months ago

As I told you, I already tested 2 instances of traccar on the same machine with different databases for each instance, and I found that the execution time doubled, in a test environment only with little data, so I decided not to move it to production with all devices, users, notifications, etc..