Inactive Device Shows Active

Neil Romig7 years ago

I am finding some devices show active (green) when they should inactive (amber). I have posted an example screenshot at dropbox.com

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What makes you think that they should be amber? Screenshot won't really help.

Neil Romig7 years ago

Because it shows amber on the device list and hasn't updated since the previous day. If I log in again it will show amber, or it may show green. The screenshot was only to illustrate the time last update received.

I would need access to the web console and logs to check it myself.

Neil Romig7 years ago

I can give you a login for the web app, and email the logs if that will do - or would you need ssh access to the server??

Ideally SSH access to the server to check logs at the same time as web interface.

Neil Romig7 years ago

OK - how to proceed? Where shall I send login details for web, and I think I will have to have a public key from you for server access.

You can send me the details by email. Just generate a new key for SSH and send it to me.

Neil Romig7 years ago

Now I am looking more closely at the issue, it seems the device will have an amber Device pane entry, and if I select a "green" device it will cause the inactive device icon to show green on the Map pane. Strangely this does not happen for all devices when I click around the map, and it also occurs if a device not in view is panned to on the map.

Can you please provide some screenshots or recording of the issue.

Neil Romig7 years ago

OK - at about 06:40 GMT I was looking at the Traccar Map pane and suddenly most of our fleet "turned green" despite only one vehicle actually started.
I made some Gnome screencasts here and here and hereto show the odd behaviour.

abyss7 years ago

Anton, it might be fixed already in https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-web/pull/337
need to test.

@neilromig, please check on version 3.9.

abyss7 years ago

I was thinking ...
Looks like it is browser aggressive optimization. It is seen on screencast, that only devices with zero course has problem. Looks like browser ignores objects duplicating. (Or deduplicate them on garbage collection)
If 3.9 does not help, we can try add random tags to svg.

Neil Romig7 years ago

All devices look correct in 3.9 and I am also getting "red" icons which have not been showing lately.