ip masking

GaryLoga year ago

Good morning, I have a server working fine and a .com domain in namecheap, but (I know it's not a traccar error of course) when I put maked the ip in the .com provider so that only the domain name can be seen within the server, the server open but starts to give me an error and asks me for the password every 5 seconds, can someone tell me how is the configuration or tips to mask the ip and only see my domain without this error, thank you very much

Track-tracea year ago

So what do you have with them besides the .com domain ?

VPS hosting ?
https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/vps/

Or you run your own server elsewhere or at home ?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Kevin, do you want to share a link? My guess is that you misconfigured the domain. Maybe you're using iframe instead of properly pointing it to the IP address.

GaryLoga year ago

Regards, the vps is in digital ocean, i get in through the ip access and everything is perfect, even through the .com but you can see the ip in the navigation bar, so I entered the dns configuration in namecheap, put mastked in the url redirect record option, and everything looks fine, access the login and it does not show me the ip above, only mi domain but when I enter the account it is as if it were trying to remove me, it asks me for the password and username in a tab every 4 seconds, therefore I imagine the error is that option, but I have tried several options and none of them work for me

Track-tracea year ago

And when you use the ip directly instead of the domain name ?
You should just point it to the IP adres of the server. Not redirect.. Then you use the domain name and it should work.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Redirect is the wrong option. You have to configure your domain to point to the IP address through DNS, not redirect.

GaryLoga year ago

If I put the ip in any browser, perfect access, if I put the domain, com too, so it's directing to my vps without a problem, but of course you can see the ip and the port while you're there, not the domain, even if you entered through it

GaryLoga year ago

ok, let me erase everyting i did in that panel and check it again in dns

GaryLoga year ago

ok yes, in the namechap redirect panel I have to place redirects to mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com, and in the advanced panel dns put the masked to the ip in WWW and @ now it enters ok and ask me for the password once in an additional tab of the browser (but I imagine it is linked to the fact that I do not have the ssl active yet) it shows me the domain above, not the ip and there are no more requests, what I did see is that when I entered from the admin to a user account through the button on the users tab, it leaves me on the login page, that is, I know that he leaves and re-enters the account that one requests but in this case it leaves me out, I am going to integrate the ssl and I will notify you of any progress to see if it is there since by trial and error the certbot limited me and I have to wait for it to give me more attempts, thank you
all

Track-tracea year ago

You can also use ACME for that.

GaryLoga year ago

ok, fully functional details for those who use namecheap and have a problem, in the menu do not use the dns option by default, use theirs DNS PREMIUN NAMECHEAP (I imagine that the other one fails to promote theirs) in the A RECORD one for WWW and one for @ both without masking, so everything works as it should and also the certbot gives some problems with the namecheap redirection but not in this way, thanks to those who advised me in this post before