Is commands need to configure sms on traccar ?

muhamedoufi8 months ago

i try to send command but don't work , is sent of commands need to configure sms in traccar.xml ?

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

It's not required. We support GPRS commands as well.

muhamedoufi8 months ago

OK, great
I want to implement the same logic for sending GPRS commands to a device in Python. Are there any tutorials available on how to achieve this? I understand that to send commands, we need a protocol encoder and the IP address of the device. However, I'm facing the challenge of finding the IP addresses of devices without using the Traccar environment.

That's not how it works. You cannot connect to a device. Device connects to your server instead. And once it's connected and authenticated, you can send commands back to it.

muhamedoufi8 months ago

Thank you for your previous response. I understand that device communication is initiated by the devices connecting to the Traccar server.

However, I have a specific use case where I need to send commands to a device from outside the Traccar context. To facilitate this, I am considering implementing a new resource in the Traccar API. This resource would take a device ID as a parameter and return the current IP address associated with that device.

My intention is not to initiate a connection to the device directly but to obtain the necessary information to send commands through other means. This way, I can send commands .

Before proceeding, I wanted to seek your opinion on this approach. Do you think it's feasible to implement such a resource in Traccar, and if so, do you have any recommendations or considerations for its implementation?

I thought I already covered that in my previous comment:

You cannot connect to a device.

muhamedoufi8 months ago

Ok thank you