Is there any place on user interface where You can see device-server live communication and his history?

Attilaa year ago

Is there an option on the user interface to see the live communication between the device and the server, as well as the sent TCP/UDP/SMS commands and the responses?
And send commands (TCP/UDP/SMS) over it.

This is how it works on the GpsGate interface, called Terminal.
See https://support.gpsgate.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409086411548-Terminal-in-the-application
It is very helpful feature.

If there isn't one, is there a plan?
If possible, I would like to help in its development.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

You can certainly send commands from the UI.

As for seeing the raw data, you can only see it in the server logs. If you want to develop an option to see logs from the UI, the contribution is welcome.

Attilaa year ago

You can send command but U don't see the result inmediatly in one place, like Terminal in GpsGate.

In GpsGate's Terminal U see the raw and decoded device-server communication and U can send inmediatly commands and see the result. I think it is very usefull feature.

Sure I can contribute Traccar, but I need some intruction where (whitch classes) can be start to develop some feature.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

You can probably start with the Log class.

Attilaa year ago

I think you misunderstood: I don't want to see the raw (and decoded) data communication from the logs afterwards, but rather live on the socket channel. I think there should be some kind of handler (e.g. StandardLoggingHandler?), where the incoming data stream is displayed both raw and logged on the user interface, and if necessary, outgoing commands are sent on this same channel.
But it may not be called handler in the Traccar medium, a point where you can get the socket channel data and write it.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

I understand that. I pointed out where you can start your code research.