Just a warning about server behavior on distances and speeds when there's a delayed data upload.

Richard Acosta2 years ago

This is not a request, nor complain, but just a warning to other users.

This strange behavior I've found (and surely many other people also did) when there's a data signal loss on devices and they later send saved positions when there's data signal again.

Some distances get treated as negative distances. (hence, taking odometer backwards)
Some calculations go bananas.. (odd speeds based on odd positions order)

As Anton explained this may/must be because of the server aquiring positions and saving them with the "reception time" instead of the "position time" which seems odd to me, because my devices send each position with it's corresponding time and date, but then, server calculates bananas.

So, this is one example, a funny one, but... (it bothers me anyway)

And a 2nd one.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

It's not about the time that we save. It's about the order the data is received in.

Richard Acosta2 years ago

But data is received in the correct order, from first point to last, just that they come almost at the same time even when [saying/carrying/notifying] their own date and time.
Still seems odd to me.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

But data is received in the correct order

Then it should work correctly. Try disabling all external services (e.g. geolocation, geocoding etc).